Scio Historical Depot Museum
Located at 1st and Ash in Scio, the Scio Historical Depot Museum is housed in what was the West Scio Depot, originally built in the 1890s, which was dismantled in 1985 at its location on a farm west of town, moved, and completely rebuilt on the present site. Its collection includes memorabilia from the area, including clothing, farm implements and household goods. Hours are Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. or by appointment. Call (503) 394-2354 for information.
The ZCBJ (Zapadne Ceska Bratrska Jednota) Hall in Scio was built in 1920 as a meeting place for the Czech immigrants who came to the Willamette Valley at the beginning of the 20th Century. It became well known as an outstanding venue for dances in the 1930s, ’40s, and ’50s and people came from all over the Willamette Valley to join in the fun. Now, the Hall is owned by the Linn County Lamb and Wool Fair.